A lot of homeowners would initially plan their decks out to be built using composite materials, thinking that this would-be a less expensive option, only to end up purchasing hardwood. While hardwood flooring for your decks may seem like an expensive purchase on the surface, their durability and longevity make them a more practical option in the long run. Tiger wood decking is an excellent choice for deck flooring, thanks to their gorgeous grain and coloring. Apart from its aesthetics, this wood material also boasts other fine properties and characteristics including:
- Durability – Tiger wood is an exceptionally durable material that doesn’t require much maintenance, especially when stained properly. It can withstand most any type of weather as it has natural resistance to outdoor elements. With its unmatched density, tigerwood offers great resistance and durability, making it an excellent choice of outdoor building material for all kinds of outdoor applications.
- Scratch resistance – Tiger wood is a scratch-resistant hardwood, making it an ideal choice for areas with heavy foot traffic. It also makes a great alternative to other hardwoods, so you won’t have to worry about patio furniture or pet claws scratching your deck flooring surface.
- Exotic appearance – Tiger wood offers a unique and exotic look to your decking, with its gorgeous grain and superb range of hues and colors.
- Eco-friendliness – A renewable material, tigerwood makes for an eco-friendly choice of decking material. Make sure you are sourcing your wood from companies that harvest wood responsibly, so as to ensure the renewability of the resource.
- Excellent value – Tiger wood can even end up less expensive than composites. If you want to get the best bang for your buck, and ensure your deck’s longevity, consider tigerwood for your decking.
- Low maintenance – Maintenance is relatively easy for tigerwood decks. Dirt and debris can easily be power washed or swept off and you only need occasional re-staining to make sure that your deck is kept in pristine condition.