No matter if your house is new or old, wooden décor accents are something that needs to be replaced from time to time. When you are out in the market looking for decking material, the most confusing question is what kind of wood do you need to purchase? With so many options out there, what would be the right choice that would stay economical and last long? Weighing all the options can be a frustrating task, surely. So why not leave all the effort behind and choose the best architectural wood for housing and other structures – Cypress! Let’s have a look at what it is all about:
- Cypress is an American product. It is considered as a softwood but is known for its stability and durability.
- It is naturally resistant to fungus and pests – especially termites, which means you may never have to treat the decking structures made of Cypress with pesticides and harsh chemicals.
- Cypress brings a natural tenacity in structures to stand up against expansion and shrinkage.
- It can be easily stained to contrast or match a house’s color scheme and also be sealed with a clear penetrating sealer.
- The wood itself is not as exotic as teak, or aromatic as cedar but it is very cost efficient when compared with composites.
- Other popular options for decking are significantly more expensive. The popular brand of composite decking may cost as much as three times more than cypress.
So, why choose any other material. Go for Cypress decking today!